Everything we do in life–relationships, family, business, and work–involves communication. None of these things can happen even a little bit without at least some communication. And none of them can happen with much success without effective communication.
Of course, communication involves what you say.
But interestingly enough, that comes second. Even more basic than that is the question of can you communicate something — anything — to another person effectively?
In order to communicate effectively with another human being, you have to be
- Certain about yourself
- Able to say things clearly
- Able to listen and understand what people are saying
- Able to listen to and understand things you don’t want to hear
- Able to listen to and understand things that make you uncomfortable
- Able to listen to and understand things that you disagree with
- Able to stick with a subject and not be thrown off
- Able to get someone to clarify what they’re talking about
If you are skilled in all of these, any kind of interpersonal communication is easy.
Gaining or improving these skills takes some work but it’s actually easier than you might think.
The first step is to take part in a meetup to find out more about how to improve these skills. From there, you can discuss several paths you can take and work out which of them will work best for you.
Start by clicking HERE to sign up for our meetup.com group.